Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Kayli's Owie

I think we have a hypochondriac on our hands.:) A few weeks ago we went to the doctor for my 6 week check up. Kayli kept telling us how she wanted a shot. She must have forgotten how crappy they are. She had to get her blood drawn for the lead test a month or so ago and that is all she could talk about for weeks. She would say, "no shot, no no no!" Anyway, she told the doctor she wanted a shot, he told her she was a brave little girl. Of course, he didn't give her a shot and when we were all finished she was still talking about the shot. So I got one of the plastic pieces the doctors put on the end of the ear looker thing (Sorry Jason, I don't know the official name:)) that they throw away after using it. I poked her arm and grabbed a band aid out of my bag. Justin told her to hold her arm closed real tight because it was bleeding. I put the band aid on her "shot" and she was satisfied. But that wasn't the end of it. She milked that all day long. She couldn't do anything because her arm hurt. I had to get her a drink, food, "paci" (pacifier) etc.... She wasn't feeling good after the shot so daddy got her a blanket and laid her on the couch to watch a movie. When we went to lunch at the park (for the free lunch they do) she couldn't sit down by herself. She kept saying something and holding her arm out. I couldn't understand her and finally realized she wanted me to help her sit down because of her hurt arm. Where do these kids learn these things?! It was probably our fault, because we kept egging it on, but it was too funny. She was okay the next day. She made it through the traumatic experience of getting a shot.

2 comments:

Mel said...

This is too funny. I am with you; where do these kids come up with this stuff. She is just absolutely adorable. What a great imagination.

Goodrich said...

That is so funny. Where are you two now???? Call me you little stinker. I can't wait to hang out, if I am cool enough for you guys.
Love ya